Monday, July 21, 2014

Crazy Bag Lady

I love bags.  


There.  I said it.  If you know me, it's not really surprising.  Let's just say I had a little love affair with Vera.  And Dooney.  And some :::gasp::: label-less creations. ;)

I'm not a bag snob.  But what I am?  Is a crazy bag lady.  It really all started when I went on a girls trip to Walt Disney World in May.  Just the ladies, as it were.  I wanted to make bags for a few of my friends.  I found a pattern I liked, tweaked it to make it my own, and voila! The first Kat bag was born.

And although super cute...it seemed like a cop out to use licensed character fabric to create my pleated totes.  I felt as though I could push my creativity farther than that.  Because if you can sew, and you've got access to a craft store, you too, can make a licensed character tote.  And then it hit me.  A whole inspired by line.  A bag that looked like Mickey Mouse's pants.  One that looked like Minnie's dress.  A Frozen line.  Any character I could think of, the sky was the limit!

The only problem?  So many ideas!  So little time.  I've been keeping a sewing journal anyway, which is really just random jots of measurements for quilts and other projects I've been working on....mostly so I don't forget what I'm doing....but now it's become the idea journal as well.  A place to write down the thousand myriad thoughts that run through my head throughout the day.

Some days, I just have to laugh at myself, because I don't know if I'll even begin to be able to make everything I dream of, and that's an amazing position to be in.  When the creative juices are flowing so much, that you can't keep up.  I LOVE IT.

So begins my life as a crazy bag lady.  I offer photographic evidence.





And that's just the tip of the iceberg.  I can't wait to see what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment