Friday, November 7, 2014

Getting ready for my first craft fair!

I think no matter how much you do in the way of preparation for your first craft fair, you will never feel really, fully prepared.  Add to that the inevitable kids being sick, you getting sick, and general life goes on despite the urge to sew sew sew and it got a little crazy in my house the past couple of weeks.

My dining room table became sewing central.  It was no longer for dining, it was for sewing...and although it gets like that a lot, usually there's at least some space for the kids to eat.  Not so!  In this case, to their delight, there were many meals in front of the tv.  I knew I was making progress on the amount of product ready for the show when the piles of fabric got smaller, more chairs became available, and the kiddos could start eating at the table again.  That was two days ago. ;)

I'm so excited to offer you a little sneak peek of some of the items I'll be featuring at my very first craft fair, today and tomorrow at St. Luke Church in Ellington, CT.  It's their annual holiday bazaar, tonight, Friday 11/7/14 from 5-8pm, and tomorrow, Saturday 11/8/14 from 9am - 2pm.


Now you all know how much I love bags.  By far, one of my favorite things to make.  I have had so much fun not only sewing new creations, but figuring out how to display them.  I found this kitschy cute coat rack at our local Goodwill and fell in love.  It is absolutely perfect!


'Tis the season for heating pads, because baby...it's cold outside! ;)  I LOVE my heating pads.  Not tooting my own horn here, but I have one that I use for heat and one I keep in the freezer to ice my knee.  It works so well because the rice filling just conforms to your body perfectly.  And if you're heating it up to stay warm or work kinks out of tired muscles, you'll get to enjoy the cozy cinnamon scent.  This is the largest heating pad I make, but there will be two other sizes as well, a mini which is perfect for nail wrap applications (who doesn't love Jamberry?), and a medium, which was designed to be "boo boo buddy" size.

And that's about all I have time for, folks!  Must, must, must go sew some more!  Sew 'til I drop!  And I can't wait to see you tonight or tomorrow at my very first craft fair.  Come be a part of Pumpkin Craft history and say I knew her when! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment